Vice President, Sales
December 10th, 2020
The VP of Sales is a digitally sales-driven, strategic and credible leader with great attention to detail, and passionate about building and managing high-performing teams to maximize growth opportunities.
Location: Las Vegas HQ (preferred) | Work from Home (optional)
Department: Customer Success
Contact: Please send your resume to email@example.com.
Ever been to the City of Lights? Chances are you drove right past our office! Las Vegas is our home, but our team can be found all over the U.S. We all have different backgrounds and skills, but there’s one thing we all do really well: use data to make a BIG difference.
From the moment you walk through our door, you know something is different. We may have been around for a while, but we’ve still got a vibrant startup feel. Our people know each other by name, we get involved with dynamic projects that challenge us to innovate, and we work together with a smile because our roles allow our strengths to shine.
If you go back to 1997, you’d find Jeff Deitch, our CEO, working late nights writing a software program that would give every pharmacy the ability to transport its customer database to a new system. Fast forward a couple decades later, and we continue to help pharmacies and other healthcare organizations safely manage their data.
So how do we use all that data to make a big difference? Well, it all comes down to advancing patient care. The more we help healthcare companies manage their data with ease, the more they can focus on what they do best: improving the lives of their patients. We cure the healthcare providers’ data headaches, so they can cure their patients.
Now for the fun part: we’re expanding into some really exciting opportunities, and to do that, our team must do the same! New projects underway that require some great people to help us bring them to life.
Interested in joining an award-winning Top Place to Work in Las Vegas ? Read on!
The VP of Sales is a digitally sales-driven, strategic and credible leader with great attention to detail, and passionate about building and managing high-performing teams to maximize growth opportunities. This leader is responsible in building effective and strong business relationships in order to accelerate sales growth through new customer acquisition, upgrades and cross-sales. The VP of Sales will report directly to the Chief Revenue Officer.
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH
- Achieve sales targets that are set. Utilize your team and resources to achieve the outcomes that are set.
- Manage, Coach, and Train Sales Team
- You will be the main go-to person for the sales team to hit their individual targets. You will also coach and monitor them for following sales best practices.
- Take the lead on closing our largest potential deals with the founder when needed.
- Improve our sales processes and systems in order to achieve sales targets. Partner with the operations team to assist with sales processes when needed.
- Report sales results and initiative results to leadership team.
WHAT YOU WILL DO ON A DAILY/MONTHLY BASIS
Strategic Sales Planning
- Focus on go-to-market plans to targeted premium customers and down-market for the new products and sales strategy for each of the existing products including professional service offering.
- Design key business development, sales and relationship-building initiatives.
- Define and establish a more effective sales approach, methods, activities, benchmarks and expectations that will ensure building appropriate and accurate pipeline, close rate, and controlled sales cycle and basis for measuring performance of the sales team.
- Create effective tools and methods in delivering sales targets, quotas, forecast and budget.
Sales Execution & Performance
- Develop and execute a sales program that will ensure achievement of plan and sales targets.
- Continually evaluate the effectiveness of the sales methods and program as whole and recalibrate sales strategies.
- Manage, lead and mentor sales staff in identifying, creating, qualifying, nurturing and developing, and closing opportunities.
- Monitor sales activities to ensure progress in sales close cycle and act promptly on areas that require attention and correction.
- Conduct regular and frequent meetings with the sales team and be intimate with each of the opportunities that they are working on.
- Facilitate and assist in closing deals particularly the high-ticket opportunities.
- Implement robust performance measures and reviews using actual data versus benchmarks and expectations to drive strong sales execution.
- Constantly review ongoing optimization and resource alignment that is scalable.
- Continually evaluate sales compensation and commission programs and adjust accordingly to encourage higher sales delivery and address poor performance.
Leadership and Management
- Provide strong and credible leadership to the sales staff, setting a unified direction for the team and ensure priorities are clear at all times.
- Provide thought leadership to develop a high performing sales organization and customer centricity culture.
- Recruit, retain and mentor high-performance and highly engaged sales team.
- Train, develop and motivate sales team in skills, sales methodologies and activities, product knowledge, teamwork, etc.
- Lead key account planning, business development opportunities and sales forecast and commitment decisions.
- Travel and meet with customers / potential customers together with assigned territory sales staff.
- Establish strong relationships and partnerships across matrixed functions to collaborate on solutions which help remove roadblocks/barriers to sales execution.
- Manage account and contact information through the entire sales lifecycle process using the company CRM and ensure that the sales team maintains detailed account profiles and prepares sales and activity reports as required. Take ownership on the accuracy of information in the CRM.
WHAT MAKES A SUCCESSFUL HEAD OF SALES AT INFOWERKS
- You have executive-level interpersonal and problem-solving skills with the ability to successfully influence and quickly build credibility to maximize organizational growth and profitability
- You’re an experienced builder of inspired teams. You assemble teams that drive demonstrable growth in complex business environments. You develop and communicate the plan, while addressing issues that hinder performance and implementing best practice
- You have an entrepreneurial and positive attitude with strong business development, influencing, and negotiation skills
- You have strong business and analytical acumen; strong problem-solving skills
- You have strong verbal and written communication skills, with a strong history of building effective interpersonal relationships
- Proven experience as a Sales Leader or similar executive role with a focus on digital interactions and transactions: exceptional leadership skills with the ability to motivate and inspire others to perform and achieve results within a diverse team
- Strong, tested sales experience and leadership in organizations that drive growth in revenue, number of customers and lifetime value of customers
- Strong execution focus and ability to develop solutions and strategies to further accelerate growth
- Proven experience closing or assisting sales team members in closing large-ticket deals
- 10 years of professional experience in sales leadership roles on a national level
- Experience in Healthcare a plus
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
- A competitive compensation and benefits program
- In office (Las Vegas) or remote work
- An annual employee bonus program
- Generous paid-time-off (PTO)
- 8 paid holidays per year
- Excellent Retirement Savings program
- An opportunity to become part of a team and a culture that makes a difference to our clients every day
We’re always looking for talented people to join our team! Qualified applicants are encouraged to apply at firstname.lastname@example.org.